The Tamil Nadu government on Tuesday lauded Dharun Ayyasamy, who won the silver medal in the 400m hurdles at the ongoing Jakarta Asian games, and announced a cash incentive of ₹30 lakh for him.
Congratulating the 21-year-old athlete from Tirupur, Chief Minister K. Palaniswami said Ayyasamy had made everyone proud by his feat. Ayyasamy had, earlier, won the gold in the 4x400m relay and 400m hurdles at the 2016 South Asian games.
“I congratulate you and all those who have contributed to your success and wish you win many more such laurels in future,” the chief minister said in a statement.
- Hockey India: Statements by outgoing officials claiming divisions within the organization are not correct
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave