The Indian canoeing contingent fared poorly in the men’s and women’s Traditional Boat Racing (TBR) 200m event at the Asian Games in Palembang on Saturday.
Both teams did not qualify for the main final and could not make an impact in the tail race either. The women finished third in the tail race out of five teams.
China won the final and silver and bronze went to Indonesia and Unified Korea respectively.
The men’s team fared even worse in the tail race, finishing last. In the main race, China came first again, followed by Chinese Taipei and Thailand.
Canoeing contingent’s participation in the Asian Games was decided in the court, which ruled the matter in the petitioner’s favour. The petitioner was one of the players, Abhay Singh.
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures