- September 23, 2023 17:11The opening ceremony - LIVE
That’s all from the live action on September 23. A successful day as both table tennis teams advanced to the second round of the competition. You can read the match report from Aashin here:
The day in Hangzhou is not over though. The opening ceremony of the continental event is about to begin shortly and Sportstar has you covered. You can catch the live updates here .
- September 23, 2023 17:03Sailing Results - Women’s Windsurfer RS:X
The four-player competition, India’s Ishwariya Ganesh stood third in the first two races in 28:33 and 33:58. She registered a DNF in the third and final race of the day.
- September 23, 2023 16:53Sailing Results - Men’s Single Dinghy ILCA7
India’s Vishnu Sarvananwon the first race of the day in 43:36 and placed fifth in the second race of the day with a timing of 45:34. He remains in second place in the overall standings.
- September 23, 2023 16:43Sailing Results - Men’s Kite IKA Formula
India’s Chitresh Tatha started the day with a sixth-place finish and stood seventh in the next three races.
- September 23, 2023 16:38Sailing Results - Men’s Windsurfer RS:X
In the three races on the day, India’s Eabad Ali finished third once with timings of 26:33 and did not finish in two races.
- September 23, 2023 16:07Sailing Results - Mixed Multihull Nacra 17
Siddeshwar Indar Doiphode and Ramya Sarvanan finished third, second and third in the event’s three races today.
- September 23, 2023 15:28Sailing Results -Women’s Single Dinghy ILCA6
Nethra Kumanan finished second in the first race of the day in 49:57. She finished fourth in the second race of the day with a timing of 45:16.
- September 23, 2023 15:14Sailing Results - Women’s Dinghy ILCA4
India’s Neha Thakur started the event with a third place finish in 33:24. She finished third in the second race as well with a finish in 33:21.
In the overall standings, she sits in the bronze medal place after six races.
- September 23, 2023 14:19Sailing Results - Women’s Skiff 49er
Harshita Tomar and Shital Verma started the day with a first-place finish in Race 7 with a timing of 31:00. In Race 8, they finished fifth with a timing of 30:23.
- September 23, 2023 13:22Sailing Results - Men’s Windsurfing iQFoil
India’s Jerome Kumar Savarimuthu placed seventh and eighth in races nine and 10, respectively. He improved to secure a third place in the 11th race but stays out of medal places.
- September 23, 2023 13:15India in men’s table tennis R16
- September 23, 2023 11:34Sailing Results - Boy's Dinghy ILCA4
India’s Adhvait Menon participated in races five and six on Saturday. He finished eighth in race five with a timing of 34:44. He followed it up with 10th-place finish in 34:44 again.
- September 23, 2023 11:12Sailing Results - Mixed Dinghy - 470
The Indian duo of Preethi Kongara and Shekhar Sudhanshu finished fourth in races five and six today. They are placed fifth out of seven teams with 27 points.
- September 23, 2023 11:06Sailing Results - Men’s Skiff 49er
India’s team of KC Ganapathy and Varun Thakkar end sixth in Race 8 with a timing of 25:34. The duo is fourth in the overall standings with 23 points, just one point behind the bronze medal place. Two races remain in the competition.
- September 23, 2023 10:37Final Result: India 3-0 Tajikistan
Manav bt Mahmudov 11-8, 11-5, 11-8
Shah bt Sultonov 13-11, 11-7, 11-5
Desai bt Ismoilzada 11-1, 11-3, 11-5
- September 23, 2023 10:26Harmeet Desai wins
A comfortable 3-0 win for Harmeet Desai. Did not break a sweat in the contest.
Final Score: 11-1, 11-3, 11-5
- September 23, 2023 10:21Desai vs Ismoilzada - Game 3
The scores will read Desai-Ismoil.
1-0: Ismoil hits his forehand long.
2-0: An error on the forehand from the Tajak.
2-1: Desai misses a backhand return.
3-1: Ismoil into the net.
4-1: Ismoil’s forehand is long.
5-1: Desai with a backhand across the table.
5-2: Desai misses the backhand.
6-2: Ismoil finds the net.
7-2: Ismoil cannot hit a forehand.
8-3: Desai hits his forehand long.
9-3: A winner down the line from Desai.
9-4: Ismoil gets a smash to win a point.
10-5: Desai cannot defend Ismoil’s smash.
11-5: Desai gets the third game.
- September 23, 2023 10:18Desai vs Ismoilzada - Game 2
The scores will read Desai-Ismoilzada
1-0: Ismoil sends his smash long.
2-0: Another error from the Tajak.
2-1: Ismoil attacks and gets the point.
4-1: A smashed forehand at Ismoil wins the point for Desai.
5-1: A forehand into the net from Ismoil.
5-2: Ismoil gets a forehand down the left.
7-2: A forehand winner for Desai.
7-3: Ismoil hits a forehand winner.
8-3: Ismoil hits his smash long.
9-3: Desai moves closer to the game win.
10-3: Seven game points for Desai.
11-3: Ismoil hits his backhand into the net.
- September 23, 2023 10:14Desai vs Ismoilzada - Game 1
The scores will read Desai-Ismoilzada.
0-0: Ismoil to serve.
1-0: ismoil’s backhand takes the net and flies wide.
2-0: Now an error on the backhand.
3-0: Desai wins the point with a forehand winner.
4-0: Ismoil strikes the net.
5-0: Desai running away.
6-0: Ismoil hits the ball wide.
6-1: The first point for Ismoil comes from an unforced error.
7-1: Ismoil hits the net.
9-1: Ismoil’s forehand smash goes long.
11-1: A stroll for Desai as he induces an error on the service return.
- September 23, 2023 10:14Match 3
Harmeet Desai in action now for India. He will be up against Ibrokhim Ismoilzada.
- September 23, 2023 10:12Shah wins
It is 2-0 to India. Just one game left in the contest for India to win.
Final Score: 13-11, 11-7, 11-5
- September 23, 2023 10:07Shah vs Sultonov - Game 3
The scores will read Shah-Sultonov.
1-0: A soft forehand from Shah to win the first point.
2-0: A forehand winner down the table.
3-0: Sultonov’s try to underspin his forehand fails.
3-1: Shah hits his backhand into the net.
4-1: Shah places his forehand to perfection.
5-1: Sultonov sends his forehand long.
5-3: Shah loses both points on his serve.
6-3: A backhand winner from Shah.
6-4: An unforced error from Shah with his backhand.
7-4: Sultonov hits the net.
7-5: Shah sends his forehand long.
8-5: A mishit from Sultonov on his forehand.
9-5: A chop return and a smash to get the point.
10-5: Match point for Shah.
11-5: Sultonov gets a return on his body and he then hits his backhand long.
- September 23, 2023 10:01Shah vs Sultonov - Game 2
The scores will read Shah-Sultonov.
1-0: Sultonov makes a backhand error.
2-0: Another backhand falls out of bounds from Sultonov
2-2: Shah makes an error after a net caught from Sultonov.
2-3: Service error from Shah.
3-3: A smash down the left side of the table to get the game level.
3-4: Shah’s forehand goes into the net.
3-5: Shah sends his backhand beyond the table.
4-5: Shah gets his forehand smash right.
5-5: Sultonov’s forehand is out of bounds.
6-5: Sultonov hits the net.
7-5: Shah hits a backhand smash down the left.
7-6: Shah misses a forehand, tricked by the spin.
8-6: A two point lead for Shah.
9-6: A topspin forehand from Shah.
9-7: Sultonov gets a touch on the side of the table.
10-7: Three game points for Shah with a forehand winner.
11-7: Sultonov hits forehand into the net.
- September 23, 2023 09:52Shah vs Sultonov - Game 1
The scores will read Shah-Sultonov.
1-0: Shah wins the point with a forehand.
1-1: Shah rams his shot on to the net.
2-1: Shah parks a backhand to the right of Sultonov.
2-2: Shah’s forehand goes long.
2-3: Sultonov takes the lead with a forehand smash.
3-3: Shah’s backhand is too strong for Sultonov.
3-4: Another unforced error from Shah on the backhand.
4-4: Shah levels with a backhand.
4-5: Shah sends his forehand long.
5-5: Shah forces his opponent to defend and makes him commit a mistake.
5-6: Shah loses the point after sending his serve long.
5-7: A smash from Shah goes long. A two point lead with the Tajikistan paddler.
6-7: Sultonov misses a forehand.
7-7: Shah levels.
7-8: Sultonov’s backhand gets the slightest of edges from the table.
7-9: Sultonov back to two points ahead.
9-9: Shah levels. First gets a backhand winner and then Sultonov errs on a return.
10-10: Deuce. A backspin serve saves Shah.
11-10: A forehand smash to get a game point for Shah.
11-11: Shah messes a smash and it is deuce again.
12-11: A backhand winner for Shah for another game point.
13-11: Shah finally gets the smash right to win the first game.
- September 23, 2023 09:51Match 2
India will have Manush Shah take on Ubaydullo Sultonov in the second match.
- September 23, 2023 09:48Manav wins
Manav wins the final game 11-8 and ensures India takes a 1-0 lead.
Manav trailed 4-6 at one stage as Mahmudov forced errors out of the Indian. A good recovery late on in the game allows Manav to win the match.
Final Score: 11-8, 11-5, 11-8
- September 23, 2023 09:42Manav takes Game 2
The Indian has an easier time in the second game. He wins 11-5, deploying a slightly more aggressive approach against Mahmudov.
- September 23, 2023 09:39Manav wins Game 1
He wins the opening game 11-8. It was a close contest and he was pushed a bit but Manav holds on to take the first game.
- September 23, 2023 09:34Match 1
It is Manav Thakkar who begins the tie for India. He will face Afzalkhon Mahmudov.
- September 23, 2023 09:28India vs Tajikistan - Startlist
- September 23, 2023 09:09Sailing Results - Men’s Skiff - 49er
The Indian team of KC Ganapathy and Varun Thakkar are first in Race 7 of the event. The finish adds one point to their overall tally.
- September 23, 2023 09:05India at the Asian Games - Podcast
Who are India’s top prospects at the Asian Games? How many medals can the nation win? Check out Sportstar’s Asian Games podcast as Aashin Prasad deep dives into what can be expected from the contingent.
India at the Asian Games: Football's mess; medal hopes and an eye on 2024 Paris Olympics
Listen to this episode from Sportstar Podcast on Spotify. Aashin Prasad joins Santadeep Dey and Nihit Sachdeva on this episode of Sportstar Podcast to discuss what to expect from India's Asian Games campaign. #AsianGames #IndianSports #SportsPodcast
- September 23, 2023 08:34ICYMI - Men’s volleyball team in Top 6
On Friday, the men’s volleyball team ensured it will better its performance at the 2018 Asian Games.
Up against a higher-ranked Chinese Taipei, the Indians rode on a tsunami of morale boost to advance to the Top 6 round.
Here is our correspondent Aashin Prasad with the match report:
- September 23, 2023 08:32Next in action
In the second table tennis match featuring Indians, the men’s team will take on Tajikistan.
- September 23, 2023 08:30India tops Preliminary Group F
With wins against Singapore and Nepal, India will advance to the next round as winner of Group F in the Premilinary round.
- September 23, 2023 08:22FINAL: India 3-0 Nepal
Chitale bt Suwal 11-1, 11-6, 11-8
Ayhika bt Shrestha 11-3, 11-7, 11-2
Sutirtha bt Magar 11-1, 11-5, 11-2
- September 23, 2023 08:18Sutirtha wins
She secures the third game 11-2 and completes a straight game win against Evana Thapa Magar.
Final Score: 11-1, 11-5, 11-2
- September 23, 2023 08:13Sutirtha wins second game
An 11-5 victory in the second game puts Sutirtha, and India, one game away from winning the contest.
- September 23, 2023 08:09Sutirtha captures Game 1
Six minutes was all Sutirtha needed to end the opening game. An 11-1 scoreline tells the story in itself.
- September 23, 2023 08:07Match 3
The experienced Sutirtha Mukherjee takes on Evana Thapa Magar in the third match of the India vs Nepal contest. This could potentially be the final one of this best-of-five match up.
- September 23, 2023 08:04Ayhika wins
The Indian breezes to an 11-2 win in the third and final game. She settles the contest against Nabita Shrestha 3-0 in just 15 minutes.
Final score: 11-3, 11-7, 11-2
- September 23, 2023 07:57Ayhika leads 2-0
11-7 is the score of the second game as Ayhika moves closer to doubling India’s advantage in the tie against Nepal.
- September 23, 2023 07:53Ayhika wins first game
A comfortable 11-3 win for Ayhika Mukherjee against Shrestha in the opening game.
- September 23, 2023 07:46Match 2
The second match of the tie will be played between Ayhika Mukherjee of India and Nabita Shrestha of Nepal.
- September 23, 2023 07:45Diya Chitale wins!
She takes the third game 11-8 and completes a 3-0 win. All done and dusted in 13 minutes.
Final Score: 11-1, 11-6, 11-8
- September 23, 2023 07:40Chitale leads 2-0
Chitale takes the second game 11-6 to lead 2-0. Slightly more of a contest this one but still a comfortable score for the Indian.
- September 23, 2023 07:35Chitale takes Game 1
A dominant 11-1 win from the Indian to start proceedings. It took Chitale just three minutes to finis the game. She leads 1-0!
- September 23, 2023 07:31Match 1 underway
Chitale vs Suwal gets going. A win will seal India’s passage to the next round. Here we go.
- September 23, 2023 07:26Match 1
The tie will get underway with Diya Chitale facing Nepal’s Shrestha Sikka Suwal.
- September 23, 2023 07:15Up next
The first event of the day will see the India women’s table tennis team take on Nepal in their Preliminary Group F match.
- September 23, 2023 07:07LIVE STREAMING INFO
The Asian Games events will not be telecast on the Sony Sports Network on September 23. You can get instant updates on Sportstar website/app.
- September 23, 2023 06:59Indians in action today
8:30 AM IST ONWARDS - Men’s Skiff - 49er: KC Ganapathy and Varun Thakkar
8:30 AM IST ONWARDS - Mixed Dinghy - 470: Sudhanshu Shekhar-Preeti Kongara
8:30 AM IST ONWARDS - Boy’s Dinghy - ILCA4: Adhvait Menon
8:34 AM IST ONWARDS - Men’s Windsurfing - iQFoil-Jerome Kumar Savarimuthu
8:40 AM IST ONWARDS - Women’s Skiff - 49erFX: Harshita Tomar-Shital Verma
8:40 AM IST ONWARDS - Girl’s Dinghy - ILCA4: Neha Thakur
11:30 AM IST ONWARDS - Women’s Single Dinghy - ILCA6: Nethra Kumanan
11:30 AM IST ONWARDS - Mixed Multihull - Nacra 17: Siddeshwar Indar Doiphode and Ramya Saravanan
11:30 AM IST ONWARDS - Men’s Windsurfer - RS-X: Eabad Ali
11:34 AM IST ONWARDS - Men’s Kite - IKA Formula Kite: Chitresh Tatha
11:40 AM IST ONWARDS - Men’s Dinghy - ILCA7: Vishnu Saravanan
11:40 AM IST ONWARDS - Women’s Windsurfer - RS-X: Ishwariya Ganesh
7:30 AM IST - Women’s Preliminary - Group F - India vs Nepal
9:30 AM IST - Men’s Preliminary - Group F - India vs Tajikistan
- Barcelona stunned by Shakhtar in Champions League as Sikan nets winner
- Fullkrug, Brandt steer Dortmund to back-to-back wins over Newcastle in Champions League
- Maxwell innings probably the greatest-ever in ODIs, says Pat Cummins after win against Afghanistan
- Al Duhail vs Al Nassr Highlights: Talisca hat-trick secures 3-2 win without Cristiano Ronaldo in AFC Champions League
- ICC World Cup 2023: Is Maxwell’s double-century knock against Afghanistan the best ODI innings of all time