Badminton Association of India (BAI) on Saturday welcomed Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s >decision to set up a Task Force to prepare a comprehensive action plan for effective participation of Indian sportspersons in the next three Olympic Games.
“I appreciate Prime Minister’s thought to prepare effective action plan to enhance performance of Indian sportsperson in future Olympics,” BAI president Dr. Akhilesh Das Gupta said. “BAI welcomes his initiative and will support it with all our resources. BAI is open to work with Prime Minister Office and Sports Ministry to achieve success in Badminton in upcoming Olympics.”
Under chief national coach P. Gopichand’s guidance, India clinched two medals in Olympics — Saina Nehwal bagged the bronze at London Games and P. V. Sindhu won the silver at Rio de Janeiro.
Latest on Sportstar
- Haaland looks set to replace Messi and Ronaldo as football’s next global superstar
- ‘Doctors told me I’d never play again’, says French Open finalist Muchova
- How Rinku Singh took over KKR’s finisher’s baton in IPL 2023 and stole the limelight
- Pep Guardiola, the sought-after philosopher coach, chases holy grail of Champions League for Manchester City
- Ferrari takes first pole in 50 years as Le Mans turns 100