Indian shuttler H S Prannoy, achieved his best world ranking of number seven in the latest men’s singles ranking released by the Badminton World Federation (BWF).
He jumped two ranks to achieve his career best world rank- number 8. The 30-year-old from Kerala has been the only Indian shuttler to remain in the top 10 with Lakshya Sen dropping out of the list.
The women’s pairing of Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopichand also achieved their career-best ranking as they jumped from world rank 17 to world rank 15.
Lakshya and Kidambi Srikanth are out of the world’s top 20 with 22 and 23 ranking respectively. In the women’s singles category, P V Sindhu moved up by one rank to rank 11, while Saina Nehwal remained at 36.
The men’s duo of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty slipped two ranks to world rank 7.
The rankings were released after the Indian mixed team was knocked out by Malaysia from the group stage of the ongoing Sudirman Cup 2023 with a dismal show.
- World Cup 2023 winner to get USD 4 million, ICC announces prize money
- IND vs AUS Live Score 1st ODI: Stoinis, Inglis look for late flourish as Australia eyes 280
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE Score, September 22 updates: India vs Singapore in table tennis; women’s team wins 3-2; men lead 2-0a
- India vs Singapore, Table Tennis Live Score Asian Games: Women’s team wins 3-2; Kamal vs Chew underway; Harmeet, Sathiyan post wins
- Asian Games 2023: Sri Lanka, Bangladesh into cricket semis as rain plays a hand