India's chief national badminton coach Pullela Gopichand donated Rs. 11 lakh to the Prime Minister's Relief Fund here on Monday.
Gopichand also contributed Rs. 10 lakh to the Telangana Chief Minister's Relief Fund and another Rs 5 lakh to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister's Relief Fund.
"I deem it a responsibility to join the Government efforts to combat the dreaded coronavirus. At the same time I appeal to every citizen to strictly follow the guidelines by staying indoor to curb this menace," he said.
For the record, Gopichand has been conducting online training sessions via mobile app during the ongoing lockdown to ensure the players maintain minimum physical fitness levels and also stay in touch with the sport with some shadow and wall practices.
- WPL 2024 Mumbai Indians vs Delhi Capitals Live Score: Harmanpreet opts to bowl first in MI vs DC opening clash; Shabnim Ismail makes debut
- WPL 2024 Opening Ceremony highlights: SRK steals the show, captains unveil trophy in star-studded evening
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Crawley lauds Joe for staying ‘root’ed under pressure on opening day
- Man United’s Hojlund to miss two to three weeks with injury
- Formula One: Red Bull is still ‘out in the distance’, says Hamilton