Miami Heat guard Josh Richardson was fined $25,000 by the NBA on Monday for throwing one of his shoes into the stands during a game.
The incident took place with 6:31 remaining in the fourth quarter of Miami's 113-97 home loss to the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday.
Richardson was assessed a technical foul and ejected from the game for the violation. It was the first ejection in four NBA seasons for the 25-year-old American.
On the play, Richardson drove for a dunk and felt he was fouled. His left shoe loosened as he hit the floor under the basket.
After being whistled for a fifth foul after play resumed, a frustrated Richardson removed the shoe and hurled it against the scorer's table. When he was called to the bench, he tossed the shoe into the stands.
Richardson leads the Heat with 20.4 points and 1.06 steals a game and has also contributed 4.0 rebounds and 3.3 assists a game in 16 games this season, all as a starter.
The Heat are 6-10 after two losses in a row.
- Thailand wins Asian Games’ first esports medal
- IND vs PAK LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023, Men’s Volleyball: Pakistan leads third set vs India in 5th/6th classification match
- Sailing at Asian Games 2023: Neha Thakur wins Girls’ Dinghy- ILCA4 silver medal, Eabad Ali bags Men’s Windsurfer RS:X bronze
- Satwik-Chirag, Prannoy keep medal hopes in sight
- Asian Games 2023: India’s Equestrian Dressage team clinches gold