Denver Nuggets’ Nikola Jokic won the Bill Russell NBA Finals MVP award on Tuesday as his team defeated Miami Heat 89-94 to clinch its maiden title.
“We believe in each other. Trophies are fine but our relationships are going to stay for a long long time,” Jokic said after winning the title.
Jokic was at his stellar best in the finals series against the Heat, during which he recorded three triple doubles in five games.
During the five games in the finals, Jokic averaged 30.2 points at 58.2% efficiency. He also managed 14 rebounds and seven assists per game in this period.
MORE TO FOLLOW
- Inter Miami vs Newell’s Old Boys, LIVE Streaming Info: Predicted lineups, when and where to watch Messi against boyhood club?
- Premier League 2023-24: Hodgson in stable condition after falling ill
- China’s Pan Zhanle wins men’s 100m freestyle world title
- Pakistan terminates Haris Rauf’s contract for refusing to play Tests in Australia
- PVL 2024: Chennai disappoints home crowd with insipid show, Kolkata goes down fighting against Bengaluru