World Championships bronze medallist Akash Kumar (57kg) defeated Wasim Abusal of Palestine to reach the final of the Mustafa Hajrulahovic Memorial tournament in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Kumar, a world championship bronze winner in the 2021 edition, started the bout aggressively and looked in control from the first round itself.
Abusal tried counter-attacking in the second round but with no success as Kumar’s attacking punches were relentless.
The Indian did not give his opponent any chance of a comeback throughout the bout. Kumar secured a unanimous 5-0 win to enter the final to be played on Saturday.
Manish Kaushik (63.5kg) and Manju Rani (50kg) will be in action on Friday in their semifinal bouts.
An 11-member Indian team, which has five women in it, is competing in the tournament.
- Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh, Live Score Asia Cup Super 4: Nissanka, Mendis put on 50-run partnership
- Babar Azam: Matter of pride to have this fast-bowling unit
- US targets bronze after Basketball World Cup ‘heartbreak’
- New Zealand crushes Fiji in Oceania Olympic qualifying final
- With sexism in Spanish football being scrutinized, female players strike for higher league wages