The Indian men’s contingent made history by winning three bronze medals at the IBA Boxing World Championships in Tashkent, which is its best-ever count in a single edition.
Deepak Bhoria in 51kg, Mohammed Hussamuddin in 57kg, and Nishant Dev in 71kg category won bronze medals in the Uzbek capital on Friday.
Vijender Singh was the first male Indian boxer to win a World Championships medal, taking bronze in the middleweight division in 2009.
No male Indian boxer has yet won a gold medal at the World Championships, with Amit Panghal’s flyweight (52kg) silver medal in the 2019 tournament being the best result.
Here is the full list of men who have won a medal for India at the world championships.
Indian Men’s Boxing World Championships Medalists
- Vijender Singh (Bronze) – 2009
- Vikas Krishan (Bronze) – 2011
- Shiva Thapa (Bronze) – 2015
- Gaurav Bidhuri (Bronze) – 2017
- Manish Kaushik (Bronze) – 2019
- Amit Panghal (Silver) – 2019
- Akash Kumar (Bronze) – 2021
- Deepak Bhoria (Bronze) – 2023
- Mohammed Hussamuddin (Bronze) – 2023
- Nishant Dev (Bronze) – 2023
- RR full list of players retained, released, traded ahead of IPL 2024 auction
- IPL auction 2024 LIVE Updates: Full list of players retained, released during trade window deadline day
- China Masters 2023 final Highlights: Satwik-Chirag duo loses 19-21, 21-18, 19-21 against World No. 1 Liang-Wang
- IPL 2024 Retention Day Live Updates: Full list of retained, released, traded players; Delhi Capitals releases Manish Pandey, Sarfaraz Khan
- Delhi Capitals: Full list of players retained, released and traded ahead of IPL auction