Manny Pacquiao has suggested Floyd Mayweather Jr is jealous of his prolonged career after the American labelled the veteran welterweight an "old man".
Mayweather was critical of younger fighters "chasing" a bout with 41-year-old Pacquiao, who won his most recent fight against the previously-undefeated Keith Thurman to claim the WBA super welterweight title last July.
However, Pacquiao has little regard for Mayweather's comments, claiming the 43-year-old, who last fought in 2017 against UFC star Conor McGregor, wishes he was still fighting.
"He is just envious because he's already retired. We're still active and have a crown," Pacquiao told The Manila Times .
"I'm not thinking about that yet. I'm concerned first and foremost about our countrymen. No retirement [plans] yet. I'm still training, God is good."
With the majority of sporting events currently on hold due to the coronavirus pandemic, Pacquiao – who is also a senator in the Philippines government – is focused on helping his country's people during the crisis.
"I'm concerned first and foremost about our countrymen and about how to resolve this [coronavirus] pandemic," he added.
- India vs Sri Lanka LIVE Scorecard, streaming info Asia Cup 2023: When and where to watch IND vs SL match today?
- IND vs SL LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: India wins toss, opts to bat, Rohit and Gill open vs Sri Lanka, Match updates
- Asia Cup 2023: Shreyas Iyer to miss Sri Lanka game after being adviced rest due to back spasm
- India vs Sri Lanka Colombo LIVE weather updates, Asia Cup 2023: India opts to bat first after winning toss; No rain at the moment
- Elevating NBA fan experience through the power of technology