Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao announced a cash award of Rs. 2 crore to two-time women’s world boxing champion Nikhat Zareen when the latter made a courtesy call on Thursday.
The Chief Minister congratulated Nikhat on her achievements, including two World Championship gold medals, and hoped she would continue to do well and win an Olympic medal next year.
Rao directed Chief Secretary Shanta Kumari to take the necessary steps to ensure the State government takes care of her complete expenses for travel, training, and exposure.
Nikhat thanked the CM for the gesture and said that he has been a great source of inspiration.
- Ranji Trophy 2024 semifinals Live Score Updates: Mumbai takes on Tamil Nadu, Vidarbha meets Madhya Pradesh
- Fernando Alonso feeling great after hinting at retirement
- Spurs’ Postecoglou issues social media warning as Sessegnon speaks out
- PSG held to goalless draw at Monaco
- Late Okafor strike earns Milan 1-0 win at depleted Lazio