Indian boxing star Vijender Singh will defend his WBO Asia Pacific super middleweight title on December 17 on home turf here but his opponent is yet to be decided.
“Vijender will be seen defending his WBO Asia Pacific Super Middleweight Champion title on 17th December 2016, at the Thyagaraj Stadium, New Delhi,” Vijender’s India promoters Infinity Optimal Solutions said in a release.
The fight night will also see top Indian boxers, including Akhil Kumar and Jitender Kumar, make their pro-boxing debut. The names of these boxers and their international opponents would be revealed soon.
Till date, Vijender has a 100 per cent record of seven wins with six knockouts in 27 rounds. The Haryana-dasher had won the title in front of delirious home fans in the capital.
Commenting on his next fight, Vijender said, “I have been in Manchester, UK for the last two months, training hard for my next fight. My trainer has been giving me high intensity training sessions, which has made my punches more powerful than before.
“I am ready to fight anybody as suggested by the World Boxing Organisation. I am confident that I will be able to defend my title with as much pride as I won it. I am looking forward to 17th December 2016, and hope to repeat history,” he added.
- RCB vs UPW Live Score, WPL 2024: Harris, Sehrawat keep Warriorz’ chase alive
- Indian sports wrap, February 24
- ISL 2023-24: Substitute Sivasakthi hero with the late winner as Bengaluru FC edges past Hyderabad
- East Bengal midfielder Saul Crespo returns to Kolkata for rehab
- India loses to Australia in shootout of FIH Men’s Pro League 2023-24