Vidit Gujrathi outplayed B. Adhiban before P. Harikrishna and R. Praggnanandhaa took the lead in the third round of Chess World Cup in Sochi, Russia, on Sunday.
Nihal Sarin lost to Dmirty Andreikin and so did D. Harika after facing Russia’s Valentina Gunina.
The results (involving Indians)
Third round, Game One:
Men: Vidit Gujrathi bt B. Adhiban; Nihal Sarin lost to Dmitry Andreikin (Rus); P. Harikrishna bt Constantin Lupulescu (Rom); R. Praggnanandhaa bt Michal Krasenkow (Pol).
Women: Valentina Gunina (Rus) bt D. Harika.
Latest on Sportstar
- Women’s Junior Asia Cup 2023: India ready for Malaysia challenge
- Swiatek no fan of ‘Iga’s Bakery’ memes after serving up another double bagel
- An Se Young defeats He Bingjiao in straight games, claims Thailand Open title
- WTC Final: Rahane stands at crossroads in his comeback Test
- Ravi Dahiya pulls out of from Bishkek Ranking Series after injury during warmup