Petroleum Sports Promotion Board (PSPB) retained the National Team Chess Championship crown by emerging victorious in both the men’s and women’s categories here on Monday.
Surya Shekhar Ganguly and Aravindh Chithambaram spearheaded the challenge and won four out of eight games as PSBP finished with 17/18 to reign supreme in the 39th National Team Chess Championship.
Airports Authority of India (14/18) and Railways Sports Promotion Board-B (13/18) finished second and third.
IM Padmini Rout won seven out of seven to lead PSPB’s charge in the women’s section en route to retaining the 17th National Women Team Chess Championship title. Air India and Airport Authority of India finished second and third.
- WPL 2024: Mumbai Indians skipper Harmanpreet to return against RCB, Ismail’s fitness being monitored
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag hails Fernandes, Varane’s resilience
- Olympic champion Michael Johnson looks to form a new track league
- US sprinter Lyles ready to write next chapter, starting at world indoors
- NBA denies Knicks’ game protest