GM Boris Savchenko of Russia emerged champion with eight points at the Tetrasoft Hyderabad Marriott International Grandmasters chess tournament on Tuesday.
GM Adam Turkhaev of Ukraine, who also scored eight points but had to be content with second place by virtue of tie-break rule, and IM Muhammed Khusenkhojaev of Tajikstan were second and third respectively.
The winner got Rs 2.5 lakhs, the runner-up and third-placed Rs 2 lakhs each.
R. Raja Rithvik of Telangana was given a cash incentive of Rs 12,000 and his teammates Khushagra Mohan Rs 12,000 and J. Ramakrishna Rs 10,000 while Chetan Sharma of Andhra Pradesh and K. Sarath Chandra were named 'best players' from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana Respectively and given Rs 7500 each.
Mr A. Venkateshwar Reddy, SATS chairman, and Mr. A. Dinakar Babu, VC & MD of SATS, gave away the prizes.
- WPL 2024: Form and captaincy of Mandhana has helped RCB ooze confidence, says Devine
- WPL 2024: Dominant Delhi Capitals hands Gujarat Giants fourth straight loss
- Gujarat Giants’ Sayali Satghare becomes first-ever concussion substitute in WPL history
- Premier League 2023-24: Foden brace helps Man City win Manchester Derby 3-1 over United after dream comeback
- Women’s Super League: Title-chasing Arsenal beats Tottenham 1-0 as Alessia Russo scores