Srihari Nataraj broke his own national record in the 200m backstroke heats at the Commonwealth Games 2022 on Tuesday.
His previous national record for the event was 02:01.70 in 2019. He broke his record by almost a second as clocking 2:00.84 finishing ninth in the heats and qualifying as a reserve.
The national record holder missed a medal chance in the 50m backstroke final by 25.23 seconds.
- Asian Games 2023: Sift Kaur wins gold in women’s 50m rifle 3P with World Record, Ashi Chouksey bags bronze
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Sift Kaur Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold with new world record; Manu, Esha and Rhythm win 25m pistol team gold, India 9-0 Singapore in women’s hockey
- Asian Games 2023: Vishnu Saravanan wins bronze in men’s ILCA 7 event
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India wins gold, silver in shooting team event; Stands on 6th with 5 golds, 20 medal in total
- England won’t play Russian youth teams despite UEFA reinstatement, says FA