India beat Sri Lanka by 10 wickets and balls to win its eighth men’s ODI Asia Cup title in Colombo on Sunday.
A terrific bowling performance led by Mohammed Siraj’s 6 for 21 helped India bundle Sri Lanka out for just 50 - the lowest-total ever in the Asia Cup - before waltzing in the chase.
Openers Ishan Kishan and Shubman Gill powered India to a comfortable victory in just 6.1 overs.
BIGGEST WINS BY BALLS REMAINING IN ODIS
|Team||Margin (balls left)||Opposition||Target||Year||Venue|
Earlier, this year, India also recorded the biggest win-margin by runs in ODIs when it thrashed Sri Lanka by 317 runs in Thiruvananthapuram. Siraj was the wrecker-in-chief in that game too, recording figures of 4/32.
- IND vs SL: India completes fourth-fastest run chase in ODIs during Asia Cup 2023 final
- Biggest ODI wins: India records best win chasing vs Sri Lanka in Asia Cup 2023 final
- IND vs SL: India records its biggest win margin in ODIs by deliveries remaining
- India vs Sri Lanka LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023 final: SL 50/10; Mohammed Siraj picks six; IND win by 10 wickets
- Igor Stimac: No training session before China game, we will give tactical preparation on flight