The Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) on Sunday organised a wicket-keeping webinar for the benefit of the women cricketers of the state under the guidance of former Indian stumper Deep Dasgupta.
Elite women’s team players Richa Ghosh, Parna Paul, Aparna Mondal and Sanstitha Biswas participated in the webinar. Head coach Shib Sankar Pal and batting coach Charanjit Singh also took part.
Dasgupta mostly emphasised the importance of mental health. “It had more to do with mentally being strong and focused and how to stay positive with cricketing issues. Staying positive now matters the most and it will have a positive effect when they (players) get back to the ground. What to keep in mind during their drills was another topic of discussion,” said Dasgupta.
Pal welcomed the session. “They got morally boosted. It will give them more confidence when they play again. They are regularly in touch with cricket. When the girls practise again, Deep will be present for some classes,” he said.
Richa Ghosh, who attended the webinar, said, “It was a useful session and taught us how to stay positive in a game even if you make a mistake. We asked questions to Deep Sir and he answered them, talking about his experience.”
- Mbappe scores three as PSG beats Reims to move top of Ligue 1
- Chelsea vs Manchester City LIVE Streaming Info: Premier League 2023-24: When and where to watch Haaland play, preview and more
- India vs Netherlands, LIVE Streaming Info, World Cup 2023: When and where to watch IND vs NED match today?
- India vs Netherlands Dream11 Prediction, World Cup 2023: IND vs NED playing XI, fantasy team, squads
- IND vs NED head-to-head record in ODIs, World Cup 2023: India vs Netherlands overall stats; most runs and wickets