India's top order batsman Cheteshwar Pujara is down with flu and did not come out to field on the second day of the second Test against New Zealand here on Saturday.
However, according to the team sources there is "nothing serious" and he would bat at his usual No. 3 position in India's second innings.
"Pujara was down with flu and rested as a precautionary measure. There's nothing serious, he will be fine," a team source said.
Pujara was India's top scorer with 87 runs in the first innings. With Pujara not coming to field, both Gautam Gambhir and Umesh Yadav were seen fielding in phases as New Zealand finished the day at 128 for seven in reply to India's first innings total of 316 all out.
- ODI World Cup 2023: England beats Bangladesh by four wickets in a rain-affected warm-up match
- ODI World Cup 2023: Team India goes full-throttle in the nets ahead of warm-up game against Netherlands
- England vs Bangladesh highlights, World Cup 2023 warm-up: Scorecard, match streaming updates
- Andersson to step down as coach if Sweden fail to get to Euros 2024
- Man City great Francis Lee dies, aged 79