David Warner is to return to Australia after picking up an elbow injury while playing in the Bangladesh Premier League.
Warner will fly home to have the injury assessed next week but will continue to play for the Sylhet Sixers in the meantime.
Steve Smith has already left the competition with an elbow issue of his own, which required surgery last week.
Smith will have to wear an arm brace for six weeks before continuing his rehabilitation.
Warner and Smith are both serving 12-month Cricket Australia bans from international and domestic competition for their involvement in the South Africa ball-tampering scandal.
The suspensions expire on March 28, with Australia scheduled to play a five-match ODI series against Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates around the same time.
- PVL 2024: Ahmedabad makes it two out of two with win over Kolkata; Bengaluru no match for Delhi
- Alcaraz says he needs to improve ‘many things’ after Buenos Aires loss
- Chappell urges Root to play his natural game and drop Bazball philosophy
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Mukesh Kumar picks six wickets as Bengal secures innings victory against Bihar
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Abhimanyu Easwaran’s double-hundred puts Bihar on the backfoot