After taking a hat-trick against Bangladesh on Sunday, Deepak Chahar narrowly missed out on another hat-trick, but claimed a four-wicket haul in the ongoing Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
Turning out for Rajasthan, Chahar took three wickets in three consecutive legal deliveries but bowled a wide in between the dismissals against Vidarbha at the Greenfield Stadium in Thiruvananthapuram on Tuesday.
After winning the toss and electing to bat, Vidarbha was skittled out for a paltry 99 in 13 overs, thanks to the wrecker-in-chief Chahar.
The India international first removed Darshan Nalkande for a golden duck, who was caught by Rajesh Bishnoi. His next victim, Shrikant Wagh, too, was caught out. Chahar bundled out the opposition out by castling Akshay Wadkar.
Chahar picked up all four wickets in the 13th over. He dismissed Rushabh Rathod earlier in the over and returned with the figures of 3-0-18-4.
-Mayank Mishra takes hat-trick for Uttarakhand-
Apart from Chahar, there was another bowler who bagged a hat-trick at the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy on Tuesday.
Uttarakhand's, Mayank Mishra finished with figures of 4-0-6-4 against Goa in Vishakhapatnam. Mishra single-handedly wiped out Goa's middle order when he dismissed Aditya Kaushik, Amit Verma and Suyash Prabhudessai in the third over of the innings.
- Ashwin always trying to find ways to get you out: Joe Root
- Ranji Trophy Highlights, Day 3 Semifinal 2024: Mumbai beats Tamil Nadu; Rathod, Wadkar put Vidarbha ahead of MP by 261 runs
- Indian men and women Table Tennis teams qualify for Paris 2024 Olympics
- Foden is best player in Premier League, says Guardiola
- Rublev retains ranking points and prize money after Dubai default appeal