Former India captain Sourav Ganguly today insisted that Mahendra Singh Dhoni should stick to batting at No 4 which will enable him and Virat Kohli could play the finishers’ role.
“Let him play at number four. He will finish from there. Finisher does not mean he has to bat from the 40th over. Virat (Kohli) bats at three and he is finishing games. It’s a wrong concept that a finisher has to come lower down the order. Dhoni got India over the ropes in the other match batting at four,” Ganguly said on the sidelines of Cricket Association of Bengal’s tie up with VLCC today.
New Zealand defeated India by 19 runs while defending 260 in Ranchi yesterday, in a match India’s premier batsman got out for 45.
Ganguly however said India were. It becoming too much over dependent on Kohli.
“He (Virat Kohli) is an excellent player, but I don’t think the team is becoming too dependent on him. New Zealand is a good side. They will win some matches also,” he said.
The CAB earlier joined hands with VLCC for promotion of cricket and other sports in the districts. This will be a two year deal that will allow CAB to promote cricket and other sports.
- Klopp dismisses Forest complaints over Nunez winner
- Frustrated Chelsea fans turn on Pochettino and owners
- Leicester stunned as Ipswich close gap in promotion race
- Premier League 2023-24: Darwin Nunez stoppage time winner helps Liverpool edge Forest, extend lead over City in table
- Santosh Trophy: Mizoram seals remaining quarterfinal spot, defending champion Karnataka knocked out