Gautam Gambhir will recuse himself from all the support staff recruitment interviews for the senior men’s team to be conducted by the DDCA Cricket Committee. Gambhir is a special invitee to the committee comprising Virender Sehwag, Aakash Chopra and Rahul Sanghvi.
The likes of Mithun Manhas and Rajat Bhatia, who have played first-class cricket alongside Gambhir for a decade, have applied for the senior team’s coach’s post. According to a Delhi and Districts Cricket Association (DDCA) official, Gambhir wishes to avoid a possible Conflict of Interest scenario.
“Gautam will not be a part of any Ranji Trophy recruitment meetings as it might lead to Conflict of Interest. However he is expected to play an active part in drawing blueprint for Delhi cricket. He will very much be a part of recruitment process of U-19, U-16. He wants to have a close look how DDCA is looking after its grassroots programme,” a senior DDCA official told PTI .
While K. P. Bhaskar has once again applied for the post of chief coach, there is very little chance that he would get a third year in the hot seat.
Manhas is an interesting candidate, shortlisted for the position of senior coach. He has played under both Sehwag and Chopra and at times even captained them in the State and zonal side. Manhas was also the batting coach of Kings XI Punjab where Sehwag was head of the coaching staff.
Bhatia has also applied for trainer’s post as he has done a certification course.
Manoj Prabhakar has also applied, along with outstation candidates like Ajay Ratra (Haryana), Lalchand Rajput and Sulakshan Kulkarni (both from Mumbai).
Hari Gidwani and Vinay Lamba have once again applied for the post of selector.
- Saudi Pro League 2023-24: Al Nassr without Ronaldo draws against Al Hazem despite Talisca hattrick
- Al Nassr vs Al Hazem Highlights Saudi Pro League: NAS 4-4 HAZ; Talisca scores hattrick, Ricardo scores stoppage time equalizer
- WPL 2024: Smriti’s heroics in vain as Kapp, Jonassen help Delhi beat Bangalore by 25 runs
- German Open: Jolly-Gayatri advance to quarterfinals
- RCB-W vs DC-W Highlights WPL 2024: Delhi Capitals beats Royal Challengers by 25 runs