New Zealand’s Kane Williamson has returned from injury and will lead his side against Pakistan in a high-stakes World Cup 2023 league match at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru on Saturday.
Williamson had fractured his thumb after being hit by a throw while completing a run in a World Cup 2023 match against Bangladesh in Chennai last month.
FOLLOW | NEW ZEALAND VS PAKISTAN LIVE ACTION
Williamson retired hurt on 78 in that game even as the Kiwis clinched an eight-wicket win.
Williamson headed into the World Cup after a prolonged injury layoff. He had suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury in the first game of the Indian Premier League in March this year and was out of action for six months. Williamson also missed the first two games of New Zealand’s World Cup 2023 campaign.
Tom Latham led the Kiwis in the absence of Williamson, and Tom Blundell was flown in as cover for the skipper.
- IND vs ENG, 1st Test LIVE Streaming Info: When and where to watch the 1st Test between India and England
- IND vs ENG 1st Test Dream11 Prediction: India vs England predicted playing XI, fantasy team, squads
- IND vs ENG, head to head record: India vs England overall stats, most runs and wickets
- WTT Star Contender Goa: Nithya Mani among seven Indians to reach main draw
- Australian Open 2024: Zheng aiming for Djokovic ‘chill’ in semi-final