Quinton de Kock struck a hundred during South Africa’s World Cup game against New Zealand in Pune on Wednesday to take his total tally past 500 runs in the tournament.
Follow | NZ vs SA live score and updates
He became just the 16th player to achieve the feat in the quadrennial event. Only five players have managed more than 600 in a single edition.
India’s Sachin Tendulkar sits top of the list with 673 runs in the 2003 World Cup while Australia’s Matthew Hayden scored 659 in the 2007 World Cup to sit on the second spot.
Here is the list of most runs scored by a batter in a World Cup:
|Sachin Tendulkar (IND)||11||673||61.18||1/6||2003|
|Matthew Hayden (AUS)||11||659||73.22||3/1||2007|
|Rohit Sharma (IND)||9||648||81.00||5/1||2019|
|David Warner (AUS)||10||647||71.88||3/3||2019|
|Shakib Al Hasan (BAN)||8||606||86.57||2/5||2019|
|Kane Williamson (NZ)||10||578||82.57||2/2||2019|
|Joe Root (ENG)||11||556||61.77||2/3||2019|
|Mahela Jayawardene (SL)||11||548||60.88||1/4||2006|
|Martin Guptill (NZ)||9||547||68.37||2/1||2015|
|Quinton de Kock (SA)||7||545||77.85||4/0||2023|
- Messi’s trip to China for Inter Miami exhibition games called off
- Most runs in an ODI World Cup edition: De Kock enters top 10, Sachin leads list
- NZ vs SA: South Africa breaks record for most sixes in a World Cup edition, hits 15 against New Zealand in Pune
- NZ vs SA, World Cup 2023: Matt Henry goes off field with hamstring injury
- NZ vs SA: Quinton de Kock hits century, levels Sangakkara at four hundreds in single edition of ODI World Cup