As the Indian team gears up for its first clash of the ongoing ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, the Men in Blue’s pace spearhead Jasprit Bumrah underwent a doping test on Monday.
Bumrah was taken for the test during the team’s practice session at the Rose Bowl stadium in Southampton. There were a total of two sittings - he was first taken for a urine test, which was followed by a blood sample test 45 minutes later.
All players accredited with the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) are required to undergo doping tests conducted by the World Anti Doping Agency (WADA).
A BCCI source confirmed that Bumrah was indeed taken for a doping test, but did not reveal whether any other player is scheduled to undergo the test.
- Al Hilal vs Al Nassr LIVE Score, HIL 0-0 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Ronaldo’s shot saved by Bono, all square in Riyadh derby, SECOND HALF underway
- Aston Villa makes official complaint to UEFA after Legia Warsaw violence
- India Women’s squads for Tests, England T20Is announced: Saika Ishaque, Shubha Satheesh get maiden call-ups
- SA vs IND: Sai Sudharsan ‘lost for words’ after maiden India call-up for South Africa ODIs
- F1’s Williams Racing re-signs Logan Sargeant for 2024