Shaheen Afridi set the record for conceding the most number of runs by a Pakistan bowler in a World Cup match after he went for 90 runs in 10 overs without picking a wicket against New Zealand in Bengaluru on Saturday.
Haris Rauf, who conceded 85 runs in his quota of 10 overs on Saturday, sits second on that list. The record was previously held by Hasan Ali, who leaked 84 runs in nine overs against India at Manchester in 2019.
Pacer Wahab Riaz holds the record for the most runs conceded by Pakistani bowler in an ODI match. He was taken for 110 runs in 10 overs by England at Nottingham in 2016.
Afridi’s spell on Saturday is sixth on the list of the most expensive bowling performances for Pakistan in One-Day International cricket.
New Zealand hammered 401 runs in its quota of 50 overs to register its highest World Cup total on Saturday. The stellar batting performance was set up by opener Rachin Ravindra’s century and skipper Kane Williamson’s 95-run knock.
Most runs conceded by Pakistan bowler in World Cup match
- Shaheen Afridi - 90 runs in 10 overs vs New Zealand in 2023
- Haris Rauf - 85 runs in 10 overs vs New Zealand in 2023
- Hasan Ali - 84 runs in 9 overs vs India in 2019
- Haris Rauf - 83 runs in 8 overs vs Australia in 2023
- Usama Mir - 82 runs in 9 overs vs Australia in 2023
- FIH Women’s Hockey Olympic Qualifiers 2024: Higher-ranked Germany overpowers Chile 3-0 in opener
- Ranji Trophy Round 2 Live Score Updates, January 13: Latest Scorecard, Live Streaming info
- Dyche baffled by Everton’s lack of penalties
- Djokovic plays down concerns about wrist ahead of Australian Open
- NBA roundup: Bam Adebayo’s heroics lifts Heat over Magic