Bangladesh’s Mahmudullah Riyad became the sixth oldest batter (37y 262d) to score an ODI World Cup century during his innings against South Africa at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on Tuesday.
Sri Lanka’s Tillakaratne Dilshan tops the list after scoring a century against Scotland in Hobart in 2015 at the age of 38y 148d.
Here are the oldest players to score a century in an ODI Cricket World Cup:
|Tillakaratne Dilshan||SL||104||38y 148d||2015|
|Sunil Gavaskar||IND||103*||38y 116d||1987|
|Sachin Tendulkar||IND||111||37y 322d||2011|
|Sanath Jayasuriya||SL||115||37y 275d||2007|
|Mahela Jayawardene||SL||100||37y 271d||2015|
- Brazil 0-1 Argentina Highlights, FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers: Otamendi’s goal leads Argentina to win; Joelinton sees red card
- Brawling fans in stands delay start of Argentina-Brazil World Cup qualifying match for 27 minutes
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers: Why is Brazil vs Argentina kick-off delayed?
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers: India coach Igor Stimac rues missed opportunities after loss to ‘out of league’ Qatar
- Brazil vs Argentina Dream 11 Prediction, 2026 FIFA CONMEBOL Qualifiers: BRA v ARG predicted XI, fantasy team, team news