When India beat West Indies in the 1983 World Cup final, it was considered an upset. At present, the Caribbeans are only a shadow of their flamboyant past. There are hard-hitters and game-changers but they have been lacking in consistency, specially in ODI cricket.
As Virat Kohli and Co. gear up to face the Windies at Old Trafford on Thursday, it will be a nostalgic affair. India’s first victory against the champions of ‘75 and ‘79 came in Manchester in 1983.
On the head-to-head ratio, India leads 5-3.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023: Swiatek to face Gauff in quarterfinals after Tsurenko retires unwell
- French Open 2023: Rune beats Cerundolo in final set tiebreak, sets up quarterfinal rematch with Ruud
- Seven punished by Spanish government for racist insults against Vinicius
- Nacho, Fati called up to Spain squad for Nations League finals
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Shivam bags silver in javelin throw; Shakeel wins bronze in 800m