KL Rahul walked off the field during India’s third ODI against Australia at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai on Wednesday.
Rahul, who kept the wickets until the 16th over, walked off during the break between overs. It is unclear whether the 30-year-old suffered an injury. After losing the toss in the series-decider, India was asked to bowl by Australia under sweltering conditions in Chepauk.
Mitchell Marsh and Travis Head got Australia off to another strong start before Hardik Pandya removed the openers in succession. Hardik also snapped up Australia captain Steve Smith for a duck, caught behind by Rahul in the 12th over. In Rahul’s absence, Ishan Kishan stepped in as the substitute wicketkeeper. Rahul later returned in the 29th over to take over the duties behind the stumps.
Kishan had featured as the opener in the first ODI in Mumbai before being replaced by skipper Rohit Sharma in the XI in the second ODI in Hyderabad.
- Australia forward Borrello ruled out of Asian Cup with broken foot
- Mead proud of England return after ‘tough days’ of watching World Cup
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Karthik, Shahrukh rebuild for Tamil Nadu vs; Bengal solid vs MP
- Arthur Fils and Luca van Assche start with wins at Next Gen Finals
- Champions League 2023-24: Newcastle boss Howe rues penalty decision in PSG draw