Veda Krishnamurthy will captain a 15-member India 'A' women's squad which will tour Australia next month.
Off-spinner Anuja Patil has been named as her deputy for the tour. The squad was picked by the All-India Women’s Selection Committee after a meeting in Kolkata on Thursday.
Teenage sensation Shafali Verma, who was named player-of-the-tournament for her exploits in India’s 5-0 T20 series win in the West Indies this month, has also found a place in the squad.
The squad will include two wicket-keepers in Sushma Verma and Nuzhat Parween.
India will play three ODIs and as many T20 matches during the tour. The players will be keen to make a mark in the A series since the women's T20 World Cup is set to be played in Australia early next year.
Latest on Sportstar
- One of my best matches, says Alcaraz after French Open masterclass
- Former France captain Henry recalled for Women’s FIFA World Cup 2023
- IND vs AUS Dream 11 prediction, WTC Final 2023: India vs Australia Playing 11 updates, fantasy picks, pitch report, squads
- PGA Tour, LIV Golf merge to end golf’s ‘civil war’
- Spanish rider dies at Isle of Man TT races