The Board of Control for Cricket in India on Sunday announced India’s squad for the upcoming ICC Under-19 Men’s Cricket World Cup to be played in the West Indies from January 14 to February 5, 2022.
Yash Dhull is set to lead the side in the 14th edition of the tournament, which will see 16 teams competing for the trophy in 48 matches. SK Rasheed has been named vice-captain.
India is the most successful team, having won four titles in 2000, 2008, 2012 and 2018. India has also finished as runner-up in 2016 and in the previous edition of the tournament (2020) in New Zealand.
The format will see the top two teams from each of the four groups advance to the Super League while the remaining teams feature in the Plate across 23 days of competition. India is placed in Group B.
January 15, 2022 in 7:30 PM IST: vs South Africa at the Providence Stadium, Guyana
January 19, 2022 in 7:30 PM IST: vs Ireland at the Brian Lara Cricket Academy, Trinidad and Tobago
January 22, 2022 in 7:30 PM IST: vs Uganda at the Brian Lara Cricket Academy, Trinidad and Tobago
- England players look to shut off WPL auction distraction ahead of second T20I vs India
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 LIVE Score, Puneri Paltan vs U Mumba: PP 0-0 UM, the Maharashtra is on, Naveen, Ashu shine as Delhi beats Bengaluru 38-31
- Saudi sports minister says 2034 World Cup could be hosted in summer or winter despite desert heat
- Olympic chiefs give green light to participation of Russian athletes as neutrals
- Premier League: Klopp happy with Liverpool’s progress after team rebuild