India skipper Rohit Sharma on Sunday surpassed Pakistan batter Shoaib Malik in playing most men's T20I games.
Rohit achieved the feat when he stepped onto the field in the ongoing third and final T20I against Sri Lanka in Dharamsala.
Rohit has now featured in 125 T20Is while Malik has played 124 games in the shortest format of the game. Pakistan all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez is third on the list with 119 T20Is under his belt.
Speaking about his record feat, Rohit, during the toss, said, "It's a great feeling representing your country in 125 T20I. Feels good... look to continue playing for many more years."
India has already sealed the series against Sri Lanka. The host had defeated Sri Lanka by 62 runs in the first T20I and 7 wickets in the second.
- A binge eater, a former wrestler, and a 16-year-old - Meet India’s gold medallists at IBA junior World Championship 2023
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Krishna, Kunnummal tons guide Kerala past Maharashtra, into quarterfinals
- WPL Auction 2024 updates: Full list of sold, unsold players; purse remaining; team news; Kashvee Gautam goes to GG for 2 crore
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 Auction, LIVE Updates: Full list of players, new buys, team news, remaining purse in Women’s Premier League Season 2
- WPL Auction LIVE 2024 Updates: Sutherland, Kashvee get 2.00 cr; Ismail to Mumbai; Dottin, Athapaththu go unsold as accelerated round underway - Women’s Premier League updates