India pacers Shardul Thakur and T. Natarajan, along with offspinner Washington Sundar, have been retained as back-up cum net bowlers for India's Test series in Australia, starting December 17.
Barring the trio, all the other members of the limited-overs' leg who did not make the cut returned to India on Friday.
Natarajan, the left-arm pacer who was a stand-out performer in the T20I series, was always supposed to stay on as a net bowler, Thakur was asked to stay once Ishant Sharma was ruled out of the series.
Washington would primarily come in handy as a net bowler with his uncanny off-spinners.
- VIDEO: Djokovic celebrates U.S Open triumph with Serbian basketball team
- King’s Cup 2023: Litmus test for India to find its next No. 9 with FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers ahead
- VIDEO: I was a little a nervous on my comeback, says KL Rahul
- Danke Seb - Sebastian Vettel bids farewell to F1 after fabled career
- Indian sailing team headed to Newport USA for World Championships