India pacers Shardul Thakur and T. Natarajan, along with offspinner Washington Sundar, have been retained as back-up cum net bowlers for India's Test series in Australia, starting December 17.
Barring the trio, all the other members of the limited-overs' leg who did not make the cut returned to India on Friday.
Natarajan, the left-arm pacer who was a stand-out performer in the T20I series, was always supposed to stay on as a net bowler, Thakur was asked to stay once Ishant Sharma was ruled out of the series.
Washington would primarily come in handy as a net bowler with his uncanny off-spinners.
Latest on Sportstar
- Benzema’s Real exit ‘surprise to everyone’, says Ancelotti
- French Open: Jabeur ‘not so far’ from her best after injury-plagued season
- Formula 1: Perez need not put pressure on himself, says Horner
- Formula 1: Mercedes fined 10,000 euros over physio breach
- French Open: Tsitsipas says Alcaraz ‘biggest obstacle’ ahead of quarterfinal showdown