The India U-19 team sealed an emphatic victory by defeating Sri Lanka by an innings and 147 runs to win the second Youth Test on Friday. The victory also means the Indian boys have won the series 2-0.
Playing in his debut game at this level, left-arm spinner Siddharth Desai shone with four wickets on the final day. He returned impressive figures of 4/40 in 20 overs at the Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium.
Beginning the final day on a precarious 47 for three, Sri Lanka lost frequent wickets and was bowled out for 150 in its second innings, with Desai adding to his two wickets in the home team’s first innings. Yatin Mangwani and Ayush Badoni picked up two wickets each.
While the Lankans conceded a 297-run lead to the Indians after being bowled out for 316 in their first innings, the abject surrender in the second essay made it look worse for the beleaguered host.
Arjun Tendulkar, who attracted a lot of attention during the short series, picked up the wicket of opener Kamil Mishara with his left-arm pace bowling on the third evening. This was Tendulkar junior’s debut series at the international arena.
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 3 Semifinal 2024: Yash Rathod hundred puts Vidarbha in control vs Madhya Pradesh
- FIA chief faces allegation of interference at 2023 Saudi Grand Prix
- Rublev calls on ATP to review rule that led to default in Dubai
- WADA suspends South Africa doping laboratory
- PSG coach Enrique dodges Mbappe questions ahead Champions League clash