Krunal Pandya's 26-ball 50 is the fastest half-century ever by a debutant in ODI cricket. Pandya reached the milestone with a single off Tom Curran. He overtook John Morris (35 balls) of New Zealand, who set the record against England in 1990. It is also the fastest ODI fifty by an Indian since 2012.
Krunal hit 58 off 31 balls, including seven fours and two sixes. An emotional Krunal Pandya dedicated his knock to his father, who passed away in January this year. After coming off the field, Hardik gave Krunal a bear-hug.
Krunal was ably supported by KL Rahul, who also remained unbeaten on 62 off 43. Rahul and Krunal added 112 in 9.3 overs as India finished on 317 for five.
- WTA Finals: Swiatek crushes Gauff
- Man United slumps at home to Newcastle, West Ham knocks out Arsenal
- Robin Uthappa: India needs one game that will mellow its 2023 ODI World Cup campaign
- India vs Sri Lanka, LIVE Streaming Info, ODI World Cup 2023: When and where to watch IND vs SL match today?
- India vs Sri Lanka Dream11 Prediction, ICC World Cup 2023: IND vs SL playing XI, fantasy team, squads