Jasprit Bumrah and Marco Jansen had an angry mid-wicket confrontation that could have turned worse had not umpire Marais Erasmus intervened quickly to defuse the tension.
The incident happened when Jansen bounced and Bumrah, who attempted to hook, couldn’t connect properly and the ball went to point.
And Jansen, turning towards the Indian vice-captain, let loose a barrage of words.
FOLLOW : India vs South Africa 2nd Test: Live score, updates
This infuriated Bumrah, who charged towards Jansen. Both met at mid-pitch, and the situation looked nasty.
Credit to Erasmus for quickly stepping in.
It was an occasion when tempers became frayed in a tense, tight game.
Later, when Bumrah swatted Kagiso Rabada for a six, the cheers from the Indian dressing room were the loudest.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final 2023: Josh Hazlewood ruled out, Michael Neser named replacement in Australia squad
- FA Cup Final: Man City beats Manchester United to move closer to historic treble
- Karim Benzema’s top moments at Real Madrid: Ballon d’Or win, 2011 El Clasico goal, hat-trick vs PSG and more
- From Benzema to Hazard: Six players leaving Real Madrid at the end of 2022-23 season
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Heena Mallick, Bharatpreet Singh win gold; Antima Pal bags bronze in 5,000m event