Rahul Dravid has turned down the honorary doctorate Bangalore University wanted to confer on him.
Dravid said that he wanted to earn a doctrate by accomplishing some academic research in sport rather than receiving an honorary degree.
The Bangalore University had decided to honour Dravid during its 52nd Annual Convocation ceremony on January 27, but the 43-year old current Indian U-19 team coach politely declined the degree.
A statement released by the university said, “While thanking the university for recognizing him, (Dravid) has in all humility declined to accept the honorary degree,he has conveyed that he would try to earn a doctorate degree by accomplishing some form of academic research in the field of sport rather than receiving an honorary degree.”
Dravid also did not show up at Gulbarga University’s 32nd convocation in 2014 even though he was among 12 personalities shortlisted for an honorary doctorate.
- RCB vs UPW Live Score, WPL 2024: Healy departs early as Warriorz chase 158
- India loses to Australia in shootout of FIH Men’s Pro League
- Sri Lanka T20 skipper Wanindu Hasaranga gets two-match ban for abusing umpire
- Pune Challenger 2024: Vacherot storms into final with a comeback win against Sweeny
- Indian sports wrap, February 24