England opening batsman Alex Hales has been ruled out of the remainder of Indian tour having fractured his right hand, according to a press release from the visitor's camp.
The right-hand batsman was ruled out after scans revealed he fractured his right hand during the second One-Day International against India on Thursday in Cuttack. Hales sustained the injury attempting a catch in the outfield and jarred his hand on the ground in the process.
He will return to England on Saturday and will see a hand surgeon next week. The visitor will announce Hales’ replacement in the T20 squad for the three-match series against India, starting on January 26, in due course.
Latest on Sportstar
- Maharashtra Premier League Auction 2023: Naushad Shaikh most expensive player at Rs 6 lakh
- Blindsided PGA Tour players want answers over merger with LIV Golf
- AFG vs SL: Rashid returns as Afghanistan bat in series decider
- Women’s Junior Asia Cup 2023: India aims to seal semifinal berth with win against Chinese Taipei
- One of my best matches, says Alcaraz after French Open masterclass