If there is not a major change in plans, the Indian Premier League (IPL) auction for 2020 is likely to be held in Kolkata on December 19.
Sportstar understands that the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has already informed the eight franchises that the trading window will close on November 14.
The auctions are traditionally held in Bengaluru, but the last time it was held in Jaipur on December 18. This time too it would be a small auction with franchises allotted Rs 85 core to build their sides for the tournament. The franchises also have an additional Rs 3 crore in addition to the balance from the last auction.
"We have been informed that all tradings need to be done by November 14 and the auction will be held in December. We are waiting to hear more in the due course of time," one of the franchise owners said.
Top BCCI officials, aware of the development, have confirmed that Delhi Capitals has the biggest purse available (Rs 8.2 crore), followed by Rajasthan Royals at Rs 7.15 crore. "The auction will be a one-day affair and the teams have decent purse to make bidding," one of the board officials said.
- Indian sports news wrap, December 2: Rethin, Aishi win ITF junior titles; Elavenil clinches shooting nationals gold
- Syed Modi International: Priyanshu through to semifinal
- Ashwini-Tanisha pair in final, Priyanshu loses in Syed Modi International semifinals
- Euro 2024: Germany to Spain, Italy and Croatia in group of death
- Premier League: Arsenal beats Wolves to go four points clear at top