Mumbai Indians' Evin Lewis exercised the Decision Review System (DRS) for the first time in the Indian Premier League on Saturday.
In the third over of Mumbai's innings, Lewis was adjudged leg-before-wicket to a full delivery from Chennai Super Kings' Deepak Chahar. The West Indian opener consulted his skipper Rohit Sharma before calling for the DRS.
However, the review proved to be unsuccessful as hawkeye showed the ball to be clipping the leg stump, returning the decision as umpire's call. Mumbai was able to retain its only review in this instance.
Latest on Sportstar
- TVS launches Racing Experience Centre to build future motorcycling champions in India
- Mahindra Racing hopes to get back to scoring points in the Jakarta ePrix
- Navas returns to Spain squad for Nations League final four
- Marciniak to remain referee for Champions League final after apology - UEFA
- Indian sports news wrap, June 2