Intex Technologies-owned Gujarat Lions on Saturday announced the city of Kanpur as its new home ground for the remainder of the ninth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
The Suresh Raina-led side will now move to Kanpur for its remaining two home games this season.
Announcing this, Keshav Bansal, Director, Intex Technologies and Gujarat Lions owner said, “Fans in Rajkot have been our strength and we are overwhelmed with the love and support we have received from them. It is our honour and privilege to now bring IPL to the state of Uttar Pradesh and play our remaining home matches at Kanpur. We are very excited and enthused by our performance thus far and we are confident of receiving the same love and affection from fans in Kanpur.”
Gujarat will take on Kolkata Knight Riders and Mumbai Indians at the Green Park Stadium in Kanpur on May 19 and 21 respectively.
After an impressive debut in the cash-rich league, Gujarat is currently at the second spot in the table.
- Odisha FC vs Mohun Bagan LIVE Score, OFC 0-0 MBSG, ISL 2023-24: Mauricio strikes the crossbar, Cummings comes in for Sadiku
- RCB vs UPW Live Score, WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore faces UP Warriorz in campaign opener; eyes on Mandhana, Healy
- No denying Janneke Schopman’s contribution but missing Olympics made her stay untenable
- Ranji Trophy quarterfinal: Anubhav, Kartikeya keep Madhya Pradesh in control against Andhra
- Vooty Masters: Shaurya Binu registers eight-shot triumph