Hyderabad Cricket Association Chief Executive Officer Panduranga Murthy welcomed BCCI's decision to host the IPL 2019 final in Hyderabad.
“We deem it as a recognition for the excellent manner in which we have conducted the league matches of the Sunrisers Hyderabad and also given the track record of the past in hosting many international matches,” Murthy told Sportstar.
“We sincerely thank the CoA of BCCI for this move and would like to emphasise that Hyderabad is always ready for any big event,” he said.
“We have the wherewithal on many fronts to ensure that the IPL final will also be a big success. It may be mentioned here that the HCA curator and his team have been awarded ‘best curator’ thrice in the IPL so far,” Murthy said.
“I would also like to take this opportunity to appeal to all the Departments of the State Government, especially Police, and the fans for their whole-hearted support to ensure that the huge opportunity given to us will be a big success as we look at this to showcase Telangana’s pride,” the CEO said.
“All that we pray is that the weather Gods should be kind since it has been raining quite consistently of late in many parts of the City,” Murthy concluded.
- Bengaluru FC vs Kerala Blasters LIVE streaming info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch; Preview
- Bahrain Grand Prix: F1 champion Verstappen of Red Bull on pole for season-opener
- Ranji Trophy semifinal: Chandrakant Pandit eyes victory against former side as Vidarbha, Madhya Pradesh face off
- German Open 2024: Jolly-Gayatri bow out of quarterfinals, lose to Chinese pair of Jing-Min
- Mohun Bagan vs Jamshedpur FC highlights, MBSG 3-0 JFC, ISL 2023-24: Sadiku, Cummings, Petratos goals guide Mariners to comfortable win