C. V. Varun, the Kings XI Punjab spinner, was on Wednesday ruled out of the Indian Premier League as he failed to recover from an injury.
The leg-spinner from Tamil Nadu had been on the sidelines for much of the IPL season due to a finger injury. He played only one match in the competition — against Kolkata Knight Riders in March, 2019.
He was injured during his team’s visit to Chennai in April. It sidelined him for a few weeks.
“While the team was hopeful that Chakravarthy would return for the final few games of the campaign, his recovery however has not been sufficient. The 27-year-old will return home as a result. KXIP wishes him a speedy recovery and the very best for the rest of the year,” KXIP said in a communique.
Latest on Sportstar
- Triple jumpers Unnikrishnan, Aboobacker win bronze at international meets
- UTT Season 4 Player Draft to take place in Mumbai on Friday
- Sportstar’s redesign: 45 years of journalism in a brand new avatar
- Thailand Open: Kiran George advances to quarterfinals; Chaliha exits
- Book review - Guts amidst Bloodbath: Aunshuman Gaekwad shares love for Sachin, betrayal and more