Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) pacer Navdeep Saini hit the 150kmph mark against Mumbai Indians (MI) a couple of times on Thursday, catching the imagination of cricket fans.
The RCB picked Saini in the 2018 auction for Rs 3 crore, but he did not get a game that season. He was impressive in RCB's opening IPL match against Chennai Super Kings (CSK).
Saini's pace immediately triggered a buzz on social media. He was consistently sharp, clocking 140kmph and higher.
It has been a long and difficult road to the top for Saini. He began his cricket journey by playing in the obscure Karnal Premier League, during which he was spotted by Delhi all-rounder Sumit Narwal.
Saini was then invited to the Delhi nets, where he impressed skipper Gautam Gambhir. At the insistence of Gambhir, Saini was included in the Delhi team, despite hailing from neighbouring Haryana.
- WPL 2024: How a mother’s ambition for her daughter sparked a cricketing revolution in Sajana and Minnu Mani’s Wayanad
- Australia looks to cap stellar season with victory in New Zealand
- Liverpool’s injury list worsens after Ryan Gravenberch is ruled out
- Morales Williams 400m indoor record won’t count: officials
- Mallorca beats Real Sociedad on penalties to return to Copa del Rey final two decades later