Anrich Nortje has been ruled out of Delhi Capitals’ Saturday evening game against Royal Challengers Bangalore at the Arun Jaitley Stadium here as the South African pacer left for home due to a ‘personal emergency’.
Also Read | Babar ton helps Pakistan thrash New Zealand in Karachi, become No.1 ODI team
“Owing to a personal emergency, Delhi Capitals fast bowler Anrich Nortje had to leave for South Africa late on Friday night. He will be unavailable for this evening’s game against Royal Challengers Bangalore,” DC wrote on its social media handle.
Nortje played eight of DC’s nine matches this season and scalped seven wickets. DC is currently standing at the bottom of the table with six points in nine matches.
The fast bowler, who is known for generating sheer pace and deadly bouncers, picked up 22 wickets in 16 matches and finished as the third-highest wicket-taker in the tournament.
Latest on Sportstar
- Sabalenka makes French Open last eight for first time
- Tsitsipas blasts past Ofner to make French Open quarter-finals
- Duplantis sets new 2023 pole vault best
- Champion Napoli ends season with 2-0 win over bottom side Sampdoria
- Benzema scores on farewell but Real held at home by Bilbao