Anrich Nortje has been ruled out of Delhi Capitals’ Saturday evening game against Royal Challengers Bangalore at the Arun Jaitley Stadium here as the South African pacer left for home due to a ‘personal emergency’.
“Owing to a personal emergency, Delhi Capitals fast bowler Anrich Nortje had to leave for South Africa late on Friday night. He will be unavailable for this evening’s game against Royal Challengers Bangalore,” DC wrote on its social media handle.
Nortje played eight of DC’s nine matches this season and scalped seven wickets. DC is currently standing at the bottom of the table with six points in nine matches.
The fast bowler, who is known for generating sheer pace and deadly bouncers, picked up 22 wickets in 16 matches and finished as the third-highest wicket-taker in the tournament.
- Aiming for more at Asian Games: IOA at crossroads to send more teams from India to Hangzhou 2022
- IND vs WI, 2nd Test: India wins series 1-0 after match drawn due to rain
- What Google Won’t Tell You podcast: Murali Sreeshankar on long jump, basketball, speed cubing and sacrificing his beloved parotta
- IND vs WI 2nd Test Highlights, Day 5: Rain plays spoilsport, match ends in draw; India wins series 1-0
- Bundesliga: Austria midfielder Sabitzer swaps Bayern for Dortmund