Umran Malik bowled the fastest delivery of IPL 2022 when he clocked 157 kph in the 20th over against the Delhi Capitals in Mumbai on Thursday.
It was the fourth ball of the 20th over, which was hammered for four by Rovman Powell. Earlier in the match, Umran had clocked 154.8 kph. Malik finished with figures of 4-0-52-0.
The Sunrisers Hyderabad pacer had clocked 154 kmph twice against the Chennai Super Kings. However, Malik had finished with figures of 4-0-48-0, conceding 33 of those runs to Gaikwad . His expensive spell came a game after he had his best performance.
The SRH speedster had bagged his maiden IPL five-for in the match against Gujarat Titans at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
Malik's spell of 4-0-25-5 - the best of IPL 2022 so far - rattled Gujarat's top and middle-order in the 196-run chase.
“Umran will play international cricket, no doubt about that. He bowls at 150kmph consistently, and nobody else is doing that in the world right now, maybe Lockie Ferguson is the other guy who does it, but they are very different bowlers. But from an Indian point of view, he is the only guy that consistently bowls over 145-150kmph every single ball, so he will play for India. But how India manages him is completely up to them,” SRH fast bowling coach Dale Steyn had told Sportstar.
- PAK vs BAN head-to-head record in ODIs: Pakistan vs Bangladesh overall stats, most runs, wickets; World Cup results
- Pakistan vs Bangladesh Live Streaming Info, ICC World Cup 2023: When and where to watch PAK v BAN match today?
- Pakistan vs Bangladesh Dream11 Prediction, ICC World Cup 2023: PAK vs BAN predicted XI, fantasy team, squads
- Can Pakistan still qualify for semifinals of World Cup 2023 if it loses to Bangladesh today? Scenarios explained with points table
- ODI World Cup 2023: Trott wants Afghanistan batsmen to score centuries