Skippers Aiden Markram of Sunrisers Hyderabad and Mumbai Indians’ Rohit Sharma at the toss. “We are gonna bowl first. Wicket looks slightly drier. Hopefully it gets better with the dew and we restrict them to a chaseable total,” Markram said after winning the flip of the coin.
Mumbai Indians scored 53-1 in the PowerPlay. A decent start to the game saw MI lose only its skipper Rohit for 28 inside the first six overs. In picture, Ishan Kishan, Rohit’s opening partner, can be seen in action.
Marco Jansen struck twice in the 12th over to remove Ishan and Suryakumar Yadav. Both dismissals had Markram pouch two excellent catches.
Cameron Green’s maiden IPL fifty came off 33 balls. The Aussie reached the mark with a hat-trick of boundaries.
T. Natarajan runs Tim David out off the last ball of the innings. MI set a target of 193 for the host.
Arjun Tendulkar, who opened the bowling for Mumbai Indians, unsuccessfully appeals for the wicket of Rahul Tripathi in the third over.
After a quickfire 36 off 16, Heinrich Klaasen fell to Piyush Chawla’s googly.
Riley Meredith accounts for Mayank Agarwal’s wicket. The Indian international fell two short of a half-century.
Tim David had been a livewire on the field. He took four catches and effected a direct hit as well!
Arjun Tendulkar capped the final over with his maiden IPL wicket. Mumbai Indians won by 14 runs.
- Deodhar Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 1: South 303/8 in 50 overs; North loses Abhishek Sharma early; East, West win
- Indian National Rally Championship may go electric in 2024
- FIFA WWC 2023: Ireland confident Quinn will be fit for Canada World Cup clash
- World Aquatics Championships: China’s Qin wins men’s 100m breaststroke world title
- Indian Women’s football: 34 players selected for Blue Tigresses’ camp in Bhubaneswar