MS Dhoni won the toss. “We will bat. We’ve been trying to win games right from the first game. We’re playing the same XI. It’s a balanced eleven and we don’t need to make many changes. Day game, the pitch will also slow down as the match progesses, that’s the reason we wanted to bat first,” the Chennai Super Kings skipper said.
BOTD = Banner of the Day
Chennai Super Kings openers Devon Conway and Ruturaj Gaikwad registered their fourth century stand in IPL (141 runs).
MS Dhoni last batted at No. 4 in 2021 against the Kolkata Knight Riders. The 41-year-old has been most successful while batting at No. 5 in the IPL. However, at No. 4, he has clobbered the second-most runs of his career. Against DC, he could score only 5 not out.
In yet another forgettable outing for DC, David Warner stood out with a 58-ball 86.
Delhi Capitals captain David Warner mimics CSK’s Ravindra Jadeja’s sword celebration.
Matheesha Pathirana bowled a double-wicket maiden to conclude the game. It kind of sums up the kind of season that CSK has been having under the leadership of the talismanic Dhoni. It is now the second team to cement a Playoffs spot after Gujarat Titans.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: TN 162 all-out vs Baroda; Khajuria falls after ton vs Delhi; Mumbai closes in on win vs Pondicherry
- Pakistan players told to put country before franchise leagues under new team director Hafeez
- Barca has shown ‘winning mentality’ in Champions League, says Xavi
- S.Korea suspend striker Hwang Ui-jo over sex video investigation
- Liverpool set to clinch place in Europa League knockouts